Risk management

State vehicles and driving 

Questions regarding driving on state business and use of state-owned vehicles are some of the most frequent calls that come into DAS Risk Management. The self-insurance fund provides coverage on state-owned vehicles for property damage, tort liability, personal injury protection (PIP) and uninsured motorist.

State driver behavior or possible vehicle misuse

Form to report state employee driving or possible misuse of state-owned vehicle.

Accident packet

Documents that should be in the glove box of all state-owned vehicles.

Certificate of coverage for state-owned vehicles

State-owned vehicle certificate of coverage
Certificate of insurance
for state-owned vehicles to be placed in glove-box.

Contractors and state-owned vehicle use

The vehicle rules, OAR 125-155-0400(4) allow Contractors, under limited situations, to drive state vehicles. Use of a state vehicle does not make the Contractor an "agent" of the state. The Contractor must agree to hold the state harmless and indemnify the state for any loss or damage to, or liability arising out of the use of, any state vehicle in their care, custody, or control

VIPP toolkit

Provides state agencies with an easy to use reference. This toolkit will help agencies develop a program with clear direction, uniform expectations and training programs specific to their needs.

Travel policy

Oregon Accounting Manual, Chapter 40

Contact Risk Management:

Mailing address:
     PO Box 12009
     Salem, Oregon 97309
Phone: 503-373-7475
Fax: 503-373-7337