The Oregon Department of Energy’s Renewable Natural Gas
Advisory Committee will help ODOE implement SB 334 (2017).
SB 334 requires ODOE to complete a detailed inventory
related to biogas and renewable natural gas (RNG) resources in the state. The
bill, passed by the Oregon Legislature in 2017, directs ODOE to form an
advisory committee to provide input on barriers for developing and utilizing
biogas and RNG, and to offer policy recommendations to promote RNG.
ODOE will engage the advisory committee on a number of tasks
related to the bill:
- Create an inventory of physical feedstock resources
available in the state.
- Conduct a literature review of technology for producing
biogas, cleaning biogas to pipeline standards, and converting it to RNG.
- Inventory existing biogas and RNG producers.
- Complete a detailed review of the biogas and RNG supply
chain from original location to end user.
- Assess the economics of each step in the supply chain.
- Complete a Life Cycle Assessment, focusing on each step in
the supply chain.
- Develop policy alternatives for issues raised by the
ODOE will submit a report on biogas and RNG in the state to
the Oregon Legislature in September 2018.
Advisory Committee Meetings