Wind energy facility with up to 134 wind turbines and a combined peak generating capacity of not more than 201 megawatts.
The Siting Council has approved the certificate holder’s request for an amendment of the site certificate (Amendment #2). The amendment extends the deadline for beginning construction to Aug. 5, 2014, and extends the deadline for completing construction to Aug. 5, 2017.
At a special meeting on Sept. 27, 2012, the Siting Council addressed a letter from Irene Gilbert that asked the Council to reconsider its decision to deny a contested case on the matter of Amendment #2. The Council took no action on the request.
Helix Wind Power Facility LLC
Iberdrola Renewables, Inc.
1125 NW Couch Street, Suite 700
Portland, OR 97209
Department of Energy Staff:
Original site certificate signed:
Aug. 5, 2009
Current site certificate:
Second amended site certificate (August 2012)
- Aug. 12, 2008: Applicant submitted a preliminary application.
- March 10, 2009: Date of filing (application complete).
- May 5, 2009: ODOE issued a draft proposed order.
- June 17, 2009: ODOE issued a proposed order.
- July 31, 2009: Siting Council issued a final order approving a site certificate.
- Aug. 5, 2009: Effective date of site certificate.
- Aug. 12, 2010: Request for amendment #1 received.
- Feb. 9, 2011: ODOE issued a proposed order on amendment #1.
- June 24, 2011: Siting Council approved amendment #1.
- June 28, 2011: Effective date of first amended site certificate.
- Feb. 3, 2012: Request for amendment #2 received.
- April 26, 2012: ODOE issued a proposed order on amendment #2.
- Aug. 24, 2012: Siting Council approved amendment #2
- Aug. 31, 2012: Effective date of second amended site certificate