Oregon was selected by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) as one of 14 regions across the country to implement Comprehensive Primary Care Plus (CPC+). CMS refers to CPC+ as the "largest-ever multi-payer initiative to improve primary care in America."
CPC+ is a regionally based, multi-payer advanced medical home model offering an innovative payment structure to improve health care quality and delivery. It is a five-year federal program beginning in January 2017 that will bring significant Medicare dollars to Oregon.
Over 150 practices in Oregon have been selected to participate in CPC+. The practices are diverse and vary by size, organizational structure, geographic location and practice type. All participating practices will be required to be recognized as a Patient-Centered Primary Care Home (PCPCH) by the Oregon Health Authority (OHA).
Sixty-five practices participated in the first Comprehensive Primary Care initiative, bringing $12 million of additional funding paid directly to primary care practices. Oregon's more robust participation in CPC+ will bolster our efforts to move from fee-for-service to a system that pays for outcomes
Oregon Payers Participating in CPC+
Oregon Health Authority Fee-For Service Medicaid
- ATRIO Health Plans, Inc.
- Moda Health Plan, Inc.
- Providence Health Plan and Providence Health Assurance
- Tuality Health Alliance
Coordinated Care Organizations
- AllCare Health, Inc.
- Columbia Pacific Coordinated Care Organization
- Eastern Oregon Coordinated Care Organization
- FamilyCare Health
- HealthShare of Oregon (not a CPC+ payer, but represented by other participating Health Share of Oregon payer partners)
- Jackson Care Connect
- PacificSource Central Oregon
- PacificSource Gorge
- PrimaryHealth of Josephine County
- Umpqua Health Alliance
- Western Oregon Advanced Health
- Willamette Valley Community Health Organization
- Yamhill Community Care Organization
OHA Fee-for-Service Resources
Practice enrollment in OHP fee-for-service
Quality and utilization measurement
Patient List Changes - Upload All OHP Members
- While the Oregon Health Authority will only be issuing PMPM payments for fee-for-service (FFS) members, please enroll all of your Oregon Health Plan members, regardless of if the member is FFS or enrolled in a CCO. We envision that this change will simplify your patient list creation processes. OHA will calculate two utilization measures for your practices to determine if you qualify for a Performance Incentive Payment. Given the small number of FFS members, OHA will calculate your performance based on all of your enrolled Oregon Health Plan members; however Performance Incentive Payments will be issued as a PMPM payment only for FFS members. We anticipate that incentive payments will be available starting in Q4 2017.
MMIS Provider Web Portal Update
- Previously, we had anticipated that the provider web portal would be available for CPC+ practices to begin uploading patient lists by March 1, 2017. This has now been delayed to May 1, 2017. OHA is working diligently to craft an efficient and systematic method for your clinics to enroll members under the CPC+ program. We will continue to provide updates on how this process is coming along, and alert your practices if the timeline changes.