The Oregon Medical Marijuana Program (OMMP) is responsible for the registration, regulation and oversight of medical marijuana in Oregon, including medical marijuana growers and grow sites. OMMP growers are individuals designated by a patient to produce marijuana for the patient. The patient may designate themselves or another person as their grower.
Sign-in or create online account
Changes coming for growers, processors and dispensaries
Information for Growers
- Must be 21 years of age or older. (OAR 333-008-0025)
- Cannot have been convicted of a Class A or Class B felony under ORS 475.752 to 475.920 for the manufacture or delivery of a controlled substance in Schedule I or Schedule II within the previous two years or more than once. (OAR 333-008-0025)
- Cannot be growing for more than 4 patients at a time. (OAR 333-008-0550)
- NOTE: Starting June 3, 2018, a grower may grow for up to 8 patients at a time. OMMP will not be able to process changes requesting to grow for more than 4 patients until that date.
- Cannot grow more than 6 mature plants per patient. (OAR 333-008-0560)
- Must abide by the mature plant maximum determined by their grow site address zoning. (OAR 333-008-0560)
- Plant Limits Chart
In addition, a grow site fee, along with reporting and tracking may be required. Qualifying grow sites will be notified by the program. Failure to comply may result in the grow site not becoming registered or the grower cards being revoked
Grow Site Fee
The grow site registration fee is $200.
WHO MUST PAY
Growers must pay the grow site registration fee IF they are:
- Growing for another person; or
- Growing at a site other than their home; or
- Growing more than 12 plants; or
- Transferring excess product to processors or dispensaries.
TO BE EXEMPT from paying the grow site registration fee, ALL of the following must be true:
- You are growing only for yourself; and
- You are growing at your own residence where there are 12 or fewer mature plants; and
- You are not transferring product to an OHA processing site or dispensary. (OAR 333-008-0630)
WHEN AND HOW TO PAY
- Payment is due when the patient is applying for the first time, renewing their registration, or making a change to designate a new grower.
- OMMP will notify a grower when a patient submits a new or renewal application that lists them as the grower.
- The notification will instruct you to sign-in to your online account and pay the grower fee.
- Online payment can only be made with a credit or debit card.
- The grower card will not be issued until the grow site registration fee payment is received. If the payment is not received by the due date, the grower and grow site will be removed.
- The grower card will be mailed to the grower after the grow site registration fee payment is received.
- Some growers are required to make monthly reports of transfers and onsite inventory. Visit our Reporting Requirements page for details.
Creating an Online Account
Growers can email MMG.firstname.lastname@example.org or call 971-673-1234.
Note: OMMP is bound by strict confidentiality rules and can not discuss confidential information through email.