to receive email notification of site updates.
Proposed Rules Changes
Vocational Rehabilitation seeks input on the proposed changes to Oregon Administrative Rules 582:
- Division 1 Definitions
- Division 30 Confidentiality of client information and release of information
- Division 72 Supported employment
- Division 115 Services to Persons of any age receiving subminimum wages
- Division 150 Transition
The comment period begins Friday, February 15, 2019 and ends on March 1, 2019 at 5 pm.
For more information:
Vocational Rehabilitation is updating procedures to align with requirements of the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA), enacted July 22, 2014 (Public Law No. 113-128). The procedures match definitions and requirements in the Rehabilitation Act, as amended, and clarify processes for vocational rehabilitation service, specifically to definitions used in services, confidentiality and privacy, transition services for students and youth with disabilities, and training and services that may be available to employers.
Provide testimony by:
- Email: Email your comments to: VR.Policy@state.or.us
- Mail: Send written testimony to:
Department of Human Services, Oregon Vocational Rehabilitation
Robin Brandt, Policy Analyst
500 Summer Street NE, E-87 Salem, Oregon 97310-1018
- In person: Attend the public hearing listed below.
- By phone: During the hearing, dial in as indicated for each meeting.
The hearings will end when comments conclude. Please arrive before the meeting to sign up to provide testimony.
February 15, 2019 (Friday)
Time: 9:00 - 10 a.m.
Location: Human Service Building
500 Summer Street, Room 166
Salem, Oregon 97301-1120
Dial in: +1 (503) 934-1400, Access code: 98691139#
February 19, 2019 (Tuesday)
Time: 10:00 – 11:00 a.m.
Location: Vocational Rehabilitation
1607 Gekeler Lane
Little Creek Meadow Room 134
LaGrande, OR 97850-3341
Dial in: +1 (503) 934-1400, Access code: 669505#
February 20, 2019 (Wednesday)
Time: 1:00 – 2:00 p.m.
Location: Oregon Vocational Rehabilitation
305 NE 102nd Avenue
Portland – 102nd Conference Room
Portland, Oregon 97220-4161
Dial in: +1 (503) 934-1400, Access code: 95813906#
February 26, 2019 (Tuesday)
Time: 2:00 – 3:00 p.m.
Location: Medford Vocational Rehabilitation office
28 West 6th Street
Medford, OR 97501-2774
Dial in: 1 (503) 934-1400, Access code: 6173011#
Accommodation: Anyone who requires an auxiliary aid or service for effective communication should make a request as soon as possible but no later than 48 hours before the scheduled event by contacting Robin Brandt at (503-945-5857) or email VR.Policy@dhsoha.state.or.us.
- VR-PT 17-04 Internal Controls Policy and Procedures for Tracking and Reporting Pre‐Employment Transition Services (08/15/2017)
- VR-PT 17-03 Reserve at Least 15 Percent of Program Allotments for the Provision of Pre‐Employment Transition Services (08/15/2017)
- VR-PT 17-02 Fiscal Policy. Program Income (6/16/2017)
- VR‐PT 17‐01 Fiscal Policy: Purchases for Equipment and Other Expenditures (2/27/2017)
- VR Policy 6.11 Transition Policy
- VR Policy 6.4 Services to Persons who are Deaf and Hard of Hearing (10/2/2015)
- VR Policy: 3.14 Supported Employment policy (4/21/2015)
- VR Policy 3.13 Self-Employment (Sept. 18, 2015)
- VR Policy: 3.1 Time to Plan (Jan. 1, 2015)
- VR Policy 2.3 Authority to Work (8/24/2015)
Vocational Rehabilitation Action Request
Vocational Rehabilitation Information Memorandum
- VR-IM 19-05 All SPOTS Purchase Instructions
- VR-IM 19-04 SPOTS Purchase for Client Services
- VR-IM 18-16 Educational Goals and Credential Attainment (10/22/2018)
- VR-IM 18-15 Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities Community Benefits Counselors (10/12/2018)
- VR-IM 18-13 Prior Approval Requirements for Non-Client Service, Non-AFP Purchases (10/2/2018 v2)
- VR-IM 18-06 Temporary, Seasonal, On-Call (Intermittent) Employment (Re-issued as IM: 03/16/18)
- VR-IM 18-05 Verification of wage at placement and successful closure
- VR-IM 18-04 Pre-ETS Data Collection form (03/16/2018)
- VR-IM 18-03 Pre-Employment Transition Services (Pre-ETS) Consent and Information Release form (03/16/2018)
- DE1723 Pre-Employment Transition Services (Pre-ETS) Consent and Information Release form (03/16/2018)
- DS1723 Servicios de transción previos al empleo Consentimiento y permiso para divulger información (03/16/2018)
- VR-IM 18-02 Documenting Measurable Skill Gains (02/06/2018)
- VR-IM 18-01 WSO Standards 2.0 (01/02/2018)
- VR-IM 17-08 Revised Supported Employment Procedures Manual — Including WIOA (06/30/2017)
- VR-IM 17-07 Letter of Guardianship and Limited Judgment Order (12/14/2017)
- VR-IM 17-06 Using Secure Email
- VR-IM-17-05 Subminimum Wage Report (9/5/2017)
- VR-IM-17-02 Revised Supported Employment Timelines (Revised 03/01/2017)
- VR-IM-17-03 Revised Job Stabilization (Revised 03/01/2017)
- VR-IM-15-6 Confirm Information for Client (7/9/2015)
- VR-IM-15-5 No assistance for Vocational Rehabilitation participants in employment related to production, sale, or distribution of marijuana (6/29/2015)
Employment Policy for Individuals with IDD
A summary of employment services and policy
for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities from the Office of Developmental Disabilities Services (ODDS), Vocational Rehabilitation (VR) and the Oregon Department of Education (ODE) are organized alphabetically by topic area.
Policy to be Updated and Public Hearings
Vocational Rehabilitation Policy Forums to be held statewide in September 2016.
Draft Oregon Administrative Rules, 582 Division 1, Definitions
NOTE: Accommodations, including interpreters, assistive listening devices, and
materials in alternative format, are available upon request.
We request two weeks notice to ensure accommodations can be provided.
Every effort will be made to provide accommodations with 48 hours of
notice. Please fill out the box about what accommodations are needed
Questions or comments on policy out for public comment? Email VR.Policy@state.or.us
For information about services and policy: Go to the Client Information page
Talk to your counselor or branch manager: Contact your local Vocational Rehabilitation office