Skip to the main content of the page



For refugee benefits, you must:

  • Be a refugee. The term "refugee" includes other groups who have been designated by the Office of Refugee Resettlement as being eligible for services as refugees. See who is a refugee as a guide. A worker will assess if you meet the complex requirements of some categories.
    • For cash benefits, you should have been in the U.S. as a refugee for less than eight months or attained the qualifying status within the past 8 months. 
    • ​For case management services you should have been in the U.S. as a refugee for less than 60 months (5 years).​
  • Live in Oregon
  • Meet the income standards
  • Be at least 18 years old (if you have dependent children, you could be eligible for TANF)
  • Not be a full-time student in college

If you have children age 18 or younger, you may be eligible for TANF benefits. Visit the TANF website to learn more.

To appl​​y​

Go to your local ODHS self-sufficiency office to apply for Refugee Benefits.

You can also contact a local resettlement agency to ask for assistance to complete the application.

For questions about refugee policy, please contact ODHS Central Office at 503-945-5600.​​​