In order to qualify and apply, you must:
- Complete a Vehicle Appraiser Certificate Application (Form 735-6610);
- Provide a brief explanation and evidence (i.e., attach documented evidence or letters from an employer) of a minimum of two years of experience, or combination of, in any of the following areas:
- Estimating new or used vehicles
- Performing repair or insurance estimating
- Appraising or estimating insurance claims
- Operating a wrecking yard or salvage yard
- Executing sheriff's bills of sale; and
- Pay a $100 application fee.
You may copy or print the application form
on your computer, or you may obtain a hardcopy form by calling DMV Business Regulations at (503) 945-5052.
You may submit your completed application, supporting materials and payment by mail or in person to our office at:
Driver and Motor Vehicle Services
1905 Lana Ave NE
Salem, OR 97314
Note: Due to the added costs of merchant fees, DMV offices only accept cash or checks and do not accept credit or debit cards.
For more information you may contact DMV Business Regulations at (503) 945-5052.