A Dismantler Certificate authorizes you to:
- Run a business buying, selling, dealing in or processing vehicles for the purpose of destroying, salvaging or substantially altering in form; or
- Run a business of dealing in or processing vehicle major component parts that are stocked in the inventory of the business. A certificate is not required as long as the buying, selling, dealing in, or processing of major component parts is not part of a business selling new vehicles or repairing vehicles.
How to Qualify/Apply
In order to qualify and apply, you must:
- Complete the Application (Form # 373);
- Get city, county and/or local government approval of your business location;
- Supply a plat map or hand drawn map of your business location;
- Secure a $10,000 surety bond;
- Pay the $800 application fee; and
- Submit your completed application, supporting materials and payment by mail or in person at DMV Headquarters, Business Regulation section.
Change the Business Name and/or Address
Before conducting business under a new name, or if the business relocates, you must submit a Correction Application (Form 373B).
A Dismantler Certificate is valid for three years from the date of issuance. You must reapply every three years.
To reapply, complete all of the steps in the How to Qualify/Apply section above.
Rules and Laws about Dismantlers
Use the links below to go directly to the applicable statutes:
Note: In using the links above, you may need to scroll down to find the correct ORS or OAR reference.