Please submit public records requests using this general online form .
Licensing list information
For active licensee list requests use the Request for License Information form . Please fax or mail your request; do not send it through email.
Processing the request
After receiving your request, the division will notify you within five business days if more information or fees are necessary to process the request. If fees are required, records will be provided (either via email or U.S. mail) after payment is received. If no fees are required, the records will be provided as soon as they have been prepared, duplicated, or both.
The division has established fees reasonably calculated to reimburse it for the actual cost of making the public records available. If the cost estimate is more than $25, the department will send the requestor a written cost estimate before proceeding with the request. If the cost estimate is more than $250, the department will work with the requestor to refine the scope of their request or otherwise reduce out-of-pocket costs.
The following is a list of charges that are standard throughout the department:
Staff member time
The department waives fees for a minimum of 30 minutes of staff member time required to locate, produce, redact, or otherwise provide records. The hourly rate charged for additional staff member time is based on the level of skill or expertise required to complete the work performed.
- Clerical: $25 per hour (administrative, office specialists, other support staff members).
- Managerial: $40 per hour (program managers, public information officers).
- Professional: $75 per hour (information technology, human resources, high-level analyst).
- DOJ, special attorney and other applicable legal fees: At the actual hourly rate charged for public records request-related services. Fees are subject to statutory limitations described in ORS 192.440(4)(b).
Production of responsive records
- Copies: Based on current State of Oregon printing and distribution price list.
- Copies of existing mailing lists with labels: $5 per 100 names, with no additional charge for staff member time.
- Media (CD, DVD, flash drive): Based on statewide price agreement with Office Max.
- Certified document: $10 (includes staff member time).
- Postage: Based on current postage rates.
The division will evaluate requests to reduce or waive fees on a case-by-case basis. The division will take into consideration the cost of producing the information and whether making the records available primarily benefits the general public. A person who believes that there has been an unreasonable denial of a fee waiver or fee reduction may petition the Attorney General or the district attorney in the same manner as a person petitions when inspection of a public record is denied under ORS 192.410 to 192.505.