Provider and course applications
The appropriate board approves all providers, instructors, and courses.
- Instructor application - Individuals or businesses seeking to provide continuing education courses must submit an instructor application for approval to become a provider.
- Course application - Providers must submit one for each continuing education course.
- Important submission dates - If received by the submittal deadline, your applications will go before the appropriate board on the corresponding board meeting date.
Instructor and course applications may be submitted together and at any time during a three-year code cycle.
Online providers must provide one of the following for web-based content:
- A link to the online course content with login information (if content is secured); or
- Screenshots of the online course content.
Continuing education committees - Applications are reviewed by a committee approximately six weeks before a board meeting.
Board approval - The board will take a final action on the recommendation from the continuing education committee.
The division will notify the applicant of the Board's decision.
Previously approved providers may be asked to periodically provide an updated working/teaching history, appropriate license, and relevant education degrees, if applicable.