Skip to main content

Oregon State Flag An official website of the State of Oregon »

Emergency Authorization Verification


Effective April 1, 2022 all emergency authorizations have expired. 

If you need to confirm that a Social Worker has been authorized to practice due to our emergency authorization please contact our office. You may email, or if you prefer it get verification in writing, or call the office at 503-378-5735.

You may call to see if an out of state, or Oregon expired licensee has applied, for and was approved to practice clinical social work in Oregon during the period of the emergency. Depending on the duration of the COVID 19 situation, the authorization may end at any time. The emergency authorization is based on the State of Emergency determined by the Governor of Oregon. Once the state of emergency has ended, so will the emergency authorizations. Any licensee interested in continuing to provide services in Oregon are welcomed to apply for registered licensure through our application process.