Due to COVID-19 precautions regarding social distancing, please call your
local office before visiting in person. If you need assistance in a language other than English, please call 1-833-604-0877 or dial 2-1-1 on your mobile phone.
ODHS is implementing COVID-19 precautions for all visitors entering office lobbies across the state. These rules will impact customers coming into state offices until further notice.
The new guidelines include:
- Wearing a mask or cloth face covering.
- Maintaining a distance of 6 feet from others.
- Not experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms.
Interview requirements have been temporarily waived for individuals receiving or applying for Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) benefits.
- Customers filing initial applications and recertifications are not required to visit an office provided their identity has been verified and all other mandatory verifications have been completed.
COVID-19 Emergency Allotments to SNAP Households – January Update
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Oregon Department of Human Services will automatically issue an Emergency supplemental SNAP benefit to households not already receiving the maximum benefit. ODHS has prepared a set of FAQs for SNAP
Emergency Supplemental SNAP Benefit Issuance Dates:
- January 12: Current SNAP households
- January 29: SNAP households who did not receive the January 12 allotment
The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP, formerly known as food stamps) provides nutritional assistance benefits to children and families, the elderly, the disabled, unemployed and working families.
SNAP helps supplement monthly food budgets of families with low-income to buy the food they need to maintain good health and allow them to direct more of their available income toward essential living expenses.
ODHS staff determines the eligibility of applicants based on guidelines established by the US Department of Agriculture (USDA). The primary goals of the program are to alleviate hunger and malnutrition and to improve nutrition and health in eligible households.