The Senior Farm Direct Nutrition Program (SFDNP) provides income-eligible seniors with vouchers to purchase fresh, locally grown fruit, vegetables and cut, edible herbs directly from participating farmers at farmers markets and farm stands from June through November. Senior Farm Direct is a state-administered, federal nutrition program intended to improve nutrition for Oregon seniors and support local farmers.
Participation does not affect medical assistance or SNAP (Food Stamps) benefits.
the Senior Farm Direct Nutrition Program at 1-866-299-3562 (toll-free).
We Are No Longer Accepting Responses For The 2023 Senior Farm Direct Season.
To be eligible for the program, seniors must meet
ALL the following criteria:
- Be at least 62 years old by April 1 of the current year;
- Be receiving either SNAP benefits and/or Medicaid on April 1 of the current year;
- Have income below 138% of the Federal Poverty Level in the current year; for 2023, monthly income below $1,677 for a household of one or below $2,268 for a household of two.
- Be living in a situation where food is not provided for them.
Funding is limited and the program cannot always serve all eligible seniors.
How to receive Farm Direct vouchers
In late April, seniors will be notified by mail if they are eligible to participate in the program. Eligible seniors who choose to participate
must sign and return the Response Card portion of the letter, or complete the Response webform, by the date indicated.
If more responses are received than funding allows, Oregon Health Authority will randomly select recipients from the responses received.
Senior Farm Direct participants will receive $32 in Farm Direct vouchers to purchase fresh, locally grown fruits, vegetables and cut, edible herbs from participating farmers at farmers markets and farm stands from June to November.
How to shop with Farm Direct Dollars
1. Visit a participating farmers market or farm stand.
2. Look for these signs to find produce farmers who accept Farm Direct or ask market staff for assistance.
3. Choose the fresh, locally grown fruits, vegetables or cut edible herbs you want to buy.
4. Pay the farmer with your Farm Direct Dollars.
You may have someone else shop for you.
NOTE: Newly designed Farm Direct Dollars are spent the same was as the checks shown in the videos.