The Senior Farm Direct Nutrition Program (SFDNP) provides income-eligible seniors with checks to purchase fresh, locally grown fruit, vegetables and cut, edible herbs directly from participating farmers at farmers markets and farm stands from June through November. SFDNP is a state-administered, federal nutrition program, and is intended to improve nutrition for Oregon seniors and support local farmers.
Participation does not affect medical assistance or SNAP (Food Stamps) benefits.
the Senior Farm Direct Nutrition Program at 1-866-299-3562 (toll-free).
Eligible individuals who submit responses after the May 19 due date will be put on a waiting list to receive checks as funding allows.
If you received an invitation letter for the 2021 Senior Farm Direct Nutrition Program and would like to request checks for the current season, please click on the blue button to complete the SFDNP Response Webform by May 19. You will need the unique ID code in your letter to complete this form.
SFDNP Response Webform
To be eligible for the program, seniors must meet ALL the following criteria:
- Be at least 62 years old by April 1 of the current year;
- Be receiving either SNAP benefits and/or Medicaid on April 1 of the current year;
- Have income below 138% of the Federal Poverty Level in the current year;
- Be living in a situation where food is not provided for them.
Funding is limited and the program cannot always serve all eligible seniors.
How to receive Farm Direct checks
In late April, seniors will be notified by mail if they are eligible to participate in the program. The letter will arrive in a yellow envelope. Eligible seniors who choose to participate
must sign and return the Response Card portion of the letter, or complete the Response webform, by the date indicated.
If more responses are received than funding allows, Oregon Health Authority will randomly select recipients from the responses received.
SFDNP participants will receive $24 in Farm Direct checks to purchase fresh, locally grown fruits, vegetables and cut, edible herbs from participating farmers at farmers markets and farm stands from June to November.
How to shop with Farm Direct checks
- Take your checks to a participating farmers market or farm stand.
- Look for these signs to find produce farmers who accept Farm Direct checks or ask market staff for help as needed.
- Choose the fresh, locally grown fruit, vegetables, or cut, edible herbs you want to buy.
- Pay the farmer with your Farm Direct check(s).
You may have someone else shop for you using your checks.