Established in 2011, the Higher Education Coordinating Commission (HECC) is a 15-member, volunteer commission appointed by the Oregon Governor, and confirmed by the State Senate. Here you can learn about current members of the Commission and the executive director of the HECC.
The 15 commission members include: nine members with four-year terms and six members with two-year terms. Commissioners may serve beyond the end of their term if a new member has not yet been appointed.
Of the nine members with four-year terms, at least one member must reside in each of the congressional districts of Oregon. The six members with two-year terms must be comprised of the following:
- one Oregon community college student,
- one Oregon public university undergraduate student,
- one Oregon public university graduate student,
- one Oregon community college faculty member,
- one Oregon public university faculty member, and
- one non-faculty staff member from either an Oregon community college or an Oregon public university.
For information on how to apply for an appointment, please see the Office of the Governor here. The HECC is supported by the state agency by the same name, comprised of eight distinct offices led by Executive Director Ben Cannon.
Stay Engaged with the Commission’s Work
Attend a public meeting.