Skip to the main content of the page


Non-alcoholic beverage license required

A non-alcoholic beverage license is required for a manufacturing business that makes, bottles, handles, distributes, holds for sale, or sells the following:

  • ​Soda or soda waters
  • Mineral waters
  • Carbonated beverages
  • Nonalcoholic soft drinks


The following establishments may be exempt from a non-alcoholic beverage license:​
  • Person who sells non-alcoholic drink or beverage product in or from the original container at wholesale or retail.
  • Person who mixes or sells non-alcoholic products in the usual course of business at a soda fountain.
  • Person who engages in the non-alcoholic beverage manufacturing business in an ODA licensed and approved facility for the processing of grade A fluid milk, pursuant to ORS chapter 621.


Non-alcoholic Beverages: Laws and Regulations

State non-alcoholic beverage laws and regulations


Next step

Get a license application​​


Main Office
Food Safety
635 Capitol St NE
Salem, OR 97301
Phone: 503-986-4720