Skip to the main content of the page


​​​​​License an existing business that was recently purchased

Business currently licensed by Oregon Department of Agriculture (ODA)

  1. New owner must contact the ODA Food Safety Salem office to obtain a license application and copies of the laws and rules. All licenses are personal and cannot be transferred to another person.
  2. ​An inspector will be assigned to arrange an inspection and ensure compliance with the applicable laws and regulations. No remodeling of a retail e​​stablishment may be done without prior approval of plans, see the plan review requirements.
  3. Complete the application provided by your inspector and send it with the correct license fee to ODA as described on the application.
  4. ODA will mail the license to the business.
  5. License must be posted in the business in a conspicuous location.​

Business currently licensed by Local Public Health Authority

Contact the local public health authority for more information.

Cancel my license

Contact either your local inspector or the ODA Food Safety Salem office to cancel your current license.

Renew my license

  1. You will receive a license renewal application before your license expires.
  2. If you do not receive a license renewal application at least 30 days prior to the expiration of your license, contact the ODA Food Safety Salem office.
  3. Review the information on the renewal application and make any needed changes.
  4. Update your gross annual sales.
  5. Pay the appropriate license fees.
  6. Mail the renewal form and fees to ODA or renew online.
  7. ODA will issue a new license to the firm.

Most license renewals occur on an annual basis.

    ​My business is moving to a new location

     ​Contact your assigned food safety inspector.

    • All new facilities must be inspected and approved by ODA prior to moving.
    • A plan review may be required for some facilities and it must be approved prior to modification to the facility.
    • Additional fees are not required for the license types below.
      • Food licenses: ORS 616
      • Dairy licenses: ORS 621
      • Egg licenses: ORS 632
      • Non-alcoholic beverage license: ORS 635


    Food Establishment Plan Review Application

    Plan review application can be submitted by a business along with their plans. Food establishment plan review

    Food Safety License Fee Schedule

    Food Safety License Fee Schedule

    Food Safety Plan Review Requirements-English

    Plan review requirements

    Food Safety Plan Review Requirements-Spanish

    Plan de Revisión de Requerimientos

    Oregon Local Public Health Authority Directory

    Contact information for each local public health authority in Oregon. Local Public Health Authority Directory



    Find your food safety inspector

    Main Office
    Food Safety
    635 Capitol St NE
    Salem, OR 97301
    Phone: 503-986-4720