If you need to take a drive test to get your license, you must test with DMV or a DMV contracted Class C testing business.
- Provide drive tests approved by DMV;
- Set their own fees and days of operation; and
- Test only for Class C non-commercial license applicants.
CDL tests are given somewhere else.
Who to Call
Class C Testing Business Map
NW Drivers Ed, LLC
Location(s): Albany and Corvallis
Oregon Driver Education Center, Inc.
Location(s): Beaverton, Clackamas, Eugene, Medford and Salem
Pacific Driver Education
Location(s): Beaverton and Gresham
Training Wheels of Oregon
Location(s): Astoria, Baker City, Bend, Coos Bay, Florence, Klamath Falls, La Grande, Newport, Ontario, Pendleton, Salem and Roseburg
541-961-9753 or 541-272-4917
Taking the Test
After passing the knowledge test and vision screening at DMV, you must contact a testing business directly to make a drive test appointment.
Things to remember:
- DMV is not involved in scheduling, canceling or re-scheduling the drive tests with these businesses. Contact the business directly.
- You will need to provide the testing business with your Oregon DMV customer number. If you already have an instruction permit or ID card, your customer number is towards the top of that document. If you don’t have an instruction permit or ID card, you will need to obtain your customer number from a DMV field office at the time of your knowledge test, or by calling our customer assistance line at 503-945-5000.
- You must take two photo copies of a picture ID to the drive test.
- Currently, all of the testing businesses require you to use one of their company owned vehicles for the test.
- To be eligible to take a drive test:
- You must be 16 years or older. If you are under 18, you must have held an instruction permit for at least six months.
- Your driving privileges cannot be suspended or revoked.
- You must not be in the At-Risk Driver Program.
- You cannot have an existing requirement for an ignition interlock device (IID).
- You must pass the vision screening and both the knowledge and drive test to be eligible for a driver license.
Concerns About a Third-Party Tester or Examiner?
If you suspect that a third-party tester or examiner has committed fraud, broken the rules, or if they try to get a bribe from you, please call 503-945-6049 or send a message to the
Third Party Programs Team