FULL 11-DAY CLOSURE OF U.S. 30 TO I-405 SOUTH IN JULY
The following ramp will close 24/7 from 8 p.m., Friday, June 21 to 10 a.m., Monday, June 24.
- I-405 north off-ramp to North Kerby Avenue.
Signs will direct travelers to detours below.
The previously scheduled weekend ramp closure of I-405 north to North Kerby Avenue on June 14 - June 17 has been postponed to Friday, June 21.
- Merge left onto I-5 south.
- Take the Broadway/Weidler/Moda Center off-ramp (Exit 302A).
- Keep left and follow signs for Convention Center/Lloyd Center.
- Head straight onto N Vancouver Avenue.
- Turn left onto N Weidler Street.
- Turn left onto N Williams Avenue.
- Turn left onto N Stanton Street to access Legacy Emanuel or head straight to continue to N Cook Street.
OTHER TRAFFIC IMPACTS
Saturday, June 15 - Saturday, June 22
- Single lane closures on I-405 north off-ramp to N. Kerby and N Cook / N Kerby on-ramp to I-405 south from Monday, June 17 to Thursday, June 20 from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- I-405 north right lane closed across the Fremont Bridge from 8 p.m., Friday, June 21 to 10 a.m., Monday, June 24.
- Single lane 24/7 closure on N Kerby / N Cook on-ramp until fall 2020.
A separate project is inspecting areas of I-405 and the Fremont Bridge not included in the construction of the I-405 Ramps Project.
Nighttime closures of I-405 and ramps for inspections:
- The full bottom deck of I-405 north on the Fremont Bridge and the ramp from U.S. 30 east to I-405 north will close nightly from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. on Thursday, June 13 through Saturday, June 15.
The ramp from U.S. 30 east to I-405 south will close 24/7 for 11 days from 8 p.m., Friday, July 19 to 10 a.m., Monday, July 29. Signed detour routes will direct drivers (shown on map below).
During the closure, I-405 and the Fremont Bridge will remain open.
U.S. 30 East to I-405 South Detour Route:
- Take I-405 north to I-5 south.
- Follow I-5 south to I-405 north or to U.S. 26 west.
CORNELIUS PASS ROAD CLOSED JULY TO SEPTEMBER
Multnomah County is improving a five-mile stretch of NW Cornelius Pass Road. From early July to mid-September, Cornelius Pass Road will close to all traffic between U.S. 30 and NW Germantown Road.
The Cornelius Pass Road closure overlaps with the 11-day closure of the ramp from U.S. 30 east to I-405 south. During this closure, trucks that typically use Cornelius Pass Road should follow posted detour signs to I-405 north and I-5 south (detour shown above).
Visit https://multco.us/cornpass for more information.
Check tripcheck.com for 24/7 traffic impacts in the Portland metro region and throughout Oregon.
GENERAL TRAFFIC IMPACT INFORMATION
This work will impact traffic on multiple freeways including I-405, U.S. 30, Interstate 5 and U.S. 26. The closures (shown on the maps below) are needed to maintain a safe work zone for the traveling public and construction staff. Significant traffic delays and congestion are expected.
Traffic impacts include:
- Nighttime single and double lane closures throughout the project area.
- Weekend daytime single lane closures throughout the project area.
- Nighttime and around-the-clock weekend closures, lasting until 10 a.m. Mondays, of on- and off-ramps (detailed on map below).
- Full 24/7 closures of U.S. 30 east to I-405 north (18 days) and U.S. 30 east to I-405 south (11 days).
- Closures of sidewalks, lanes and parking on local roads under I-405.
Ramp and Lane Closures
Multiple weekend and overnight closures of on- and off-ramps and lanes will take place during construction. At times, multiple lanes on I-405 may close, leaving freeway traffic to share one lane in some sections.
Approximately 25 weekend closures* of on- and off-ramps and lanes are expected in the project area, along with frequent nighttime closures of each ramp. Night work is needed in order to minimize traffic impacts during the day.
Around-the-clock weekend closures will start as early as 8 p.m. on Fridays and will end by 10 a.m. on Mondays for each of the ramps shown. Multiple on- and off-ramp closures may happen at the same time. Dates for each weekend closure will be posted on this website in advance.
Impact on Local Roads
During construction, local roads, sidewalks and some parking spots under the elevated parts of I-405 may close when work occurs overhead. Drivers can follow signed detours. Sidewalk detours will be signed and accessible to people with disabilities.
Interstate Southbound Closure
For approximately 10 nights, North Interstate Avenue will close to southbound vehicle traffic from south of the Kaiser Permanente Building to North Knott Street. TriMet MAX service should not be interrupted.
North Interstate Avenue will remain open to bicycles and pedestrians until North Graham Street.
* This number could change due to weather or other conditions.
Construction ImpactsConstruction Noise
Periodic daytime and nighttime noise will take place, and those working or living in the area may hear the noise.
Noise will come from heavy equipment, construction trucks, the beeping noise when vehicles are in reverse (a requirement by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration), and equipment such as concrete saws, drills and jackhammers.
ODOT will apply construction noise mitigation measures to reduce noise impacts to surrounding neighbors.
Use the 24/7 nighttime noise hotline to reach a live person to discuss any noise concerns: 833-840-1107.
March 2019 - Fall 2020