Traffic ImpactSaturday, September 14-Saturday, September 21
- Periodic nighttime lane closures on I-405 north and south.
- Periodic nighttime lane closures of the U.S. 30 east to I-405 south ramp.
UPCOMING FULL WEEKEND RAMP CLOSURES
The following ramp will fully close for the weekend from 8 p.m., Friday, September 27 to 10 a.m., Monday, September 30:
I-405 north to I-5 south.
Signs will direct travelers to detour below.
I-405 North to I-5 South Detour Route
From I-405 North to I-5 South:
- Take I-5 north toward Seattle.
- Take the Rosa Parks Way off-ramp (Exit 304).
- Turn left onto Rosa Parks Way.
- Turn left onto the Rosa Parks Way on-ramp to I-5 south.
From U.S. 30 or U.S. 26 to I-84 East:
OTHER TRAFFIC IMPACTS
- Take I-405 south.
- Take I-5 north toward Seattle.
- Merge into right-hand lanes and take I-84 east (Exit 300).
- N Interstate Avenue southbound will close at N Fremont Street from 8 p.m., Sunday, September 29 to 6 a.m., Monday., September 30. Access to Kaiser Permanente will remain open. People walking and biking should follow detour signs.
- N Greeley Avenue to N Interstate Avenue southbound will close from 8 p.m., Sunday, September 29 to 6 a.m., Monday, September 30.
- Single lane 24/7 closure on N Kerby Avenue / N Cook Street on-ramp until fall 2020.
NEARBY TRAFFIC IMPACTS
- Cornelius Pass Road is closed to all through traffic between U.S. 30 and NW Germantown Road until late September. Trucks will follow U.S. 30 to I-405 to U.S. 26. Visit multco.us/cornpass for more information.
- Work begins to replace the electrical and lighting systems on the Marquam Bridge. Visit bit.ly/MarquamBridge for more information.
- Bridge inspections will close the top deck of the Marquam Bridge from 9 p.m. Friday, Sept. 6 to 6 a.m. Saturday. Follow signed detour.
- Work on the I-5 and I-84 interchange ramps requires full ramp closures. Visit oregon.gov/odot/projects/pages/project-details.aspx?project=19531 for more information.
FULL 11-DAY CLOSURE OF U.S. 30 TO I-405 SOUTH IN JULY POSTONED
The 11-day closure of the ramp from U.S. 30 east to I-405 south originally scheduled to begin Friday, July 19 has been postponed. We have not rescheduled the closure.
Travelers should expect nighttime closures of the same ramp this summer.
U.S. 30 East to I-405 South Detour Route:
- Take I-405 north to I-5 south.
- Follow I-5 south to I-405 north or to U.S. 26 west.
CORNELIUS PASS ROAD CLOSED JULY TO SEPTEMBER
Multnomah County is improving a five-mile stretch of NW Cornelius Pass Road.
The Cornelius Pass Road closure no longer overlaps with the 11-day closure of the ramp from U.S. 30 east to I-405 south. During nighttime closures of the ramp from U.S. 30 east to I-405 south, trucks that typically use Cornelius Pass Road should follow posted detour signs to I-405.
Visit https://multco.us/cornpass for more information.
Visit TripCheck.org for traffic conditions updated 24/7. Visit the weekly construction update for Portland metro area construction information one week in advance.
GENERAL TRAFFIC IMPACT INFORMATION
This work will impact traffic on multiple freeways including I-405, U.S. 30, Interstate 5 and U.S. 26. The closures (shown on the maps below) are needed to maintain a safe work zone for the traveling public and construction staff. Significant traffic delays and congestion are expected.
Traffic impacts include:
- Nighttime single and double lane closures throughout the project area.
- Weekend daytime single lane closures throughout the project area.
- Nighttime and around-the-clock weekend closures, lasting until 10 a.m. Mondays, of on- and off-ramps (detailed on map below).
- Full 24/7 closures of U.S. 30 east to I-405 north (18 days) and U.S. 30 east to I-405 south (11 days).
- Closures of sidewalks, lanes and parking on local roads under I-405.
Ramp and Lane Closures
Multiple weekend and overnight closures of on- and off-ramps and lanes will take place during construction. At times, multiple lanes on I-405 may close, leaving freeway traffic to share one lane in some sections.
Approximately 25 weekend closures* of on- and off-ramps and lanes are expected in the project area, along with frequent nighttime closures of each ramp. Night work is needed in order to minimize traffic impacts during the day.
Around-the-clock weekend closures will start as early as 8 p.m. on Fridays and will end by 10 a.m. on Mondays for each of the ramps shown. Multiple on- and off-ramp closures may happen at the same time. Dates for each weekend closure will be posted on this website in advance.
Impact on Local Roads
During construction, local roads, sidewalks and some parking spots under the elevated parts of I-405 may close when work occurs overhead. Drivers can follow signed detours. Sidewalk detours will be signed and accessible to people with disabilities.
Interstate Southbound Closure
For approximately 10 nights, North Interstate Avenue will close to southbound vehicle traffic from south of the Kaiser Permanente Building to North Knott Street. TriMet MAX service should not be interrupted.
North Interstate Avenue will remain open to bicycles and pedestrians until North Graham Street.
* This number could change due to weather or other conditions.
Read the weekly construction update, detailed traffic impacts information updated every Friday.
Visit Tripcheck.com for up-to-date traffic impacts.
Construction ImpactsConstruction Noise
Periodic daytime and nighttime noise will take place, and those working or living in the area may hear the noise.
Noise will come from heavy equipment, construction trucks, the beeping noise when vehicles are in reverse (a requirement by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration), and equipment such as concrete saws, drills and jackhammers.
ODOT will apply construction noise mitigation measures to reduce noise impacts to surrounding neighbors.
Use the 24/7 nighttime noise hotline to reach a live person to discuss any noise concerns: 833-840-1107.
March 2019 - Fall 2020