Saturday, December 7 to Saturday, December 14
- Single lane closures on Mississippi Avenue under the I-5 at I-405 interchange with flaggers directing traffic weekdays 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
POSTPONED: Full Ramp Closure of I-5 Northbound On-Ramp from N Alberta Street
The previously scheduled 24/7 closure of the I-5 northbound on-ramp from North Alberta Street from Dec. 8-15 has been postponed and will be rescheduled for mid-January.
The following ramp is currently scheduled for a 24/7 closure starting on Sunday, Jan. 5 at 9 p.m. until Sunday, Jan. 12 at 9 p.m.:
- I-5 southbound off-ramp to N Alberta Street.
dates and detour routes will be shared once construction schedules are confirmed.
LANE AND RAMP CLOSURES
All work requiring lane closures will be at night. Scheduled dates and times for specific lane and ramp closures are determined based on each site. Lane, ramp and full freeway closures related to construction will follow these general timeframes:
- Single lane closures are allowed 8 p.m. to 5:30 a.m. (later on weekend mornings).
- Double lane closures are allowed 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. (later on weekend mornings).
- Full freeway closures are allowed midnight to 4:30 a.m. (later on weekend mornings).
- Ramp closures are allowed 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. (later on weekend mornings).
More information about scheduled traffic impacts, detour routes and work hours will be posted here on the project website as the impacts are scheduled.
Construction will take place mostly at night to minimize traffic impacts during the day. Work began in November 2019 and will last through 2020. The schedule is subject to change based on weather and site conditions.
NOISE IMPACTS DURING CONSTRUCTION
Nighttime construction noise will occur periodically from 6 p.m. to 7 a.m. and during the day. Those working or living in the area may hear the noise. Noise will come from heavy equipment, construction trucks, beeping noise when construction vehicles are in reverse (a requirement by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration), drilling, and other equipment such as compressors, pneumatic tools, generators, metal saws and drills. ODOT will apply construction noise mitigation measures to reduce noise impacts to surrounding neighbors.
Call the 24/7 nighttime noise hotline to reach a live person to report any noise-related concerns at 971-673-5239.
Project design: through spring 2019. Construction: Nov. 2019 through fall 2020.