All facility licenses and apprentice licenses will expire on December 31, 2018.
Renewals were mailed via USPS to all currently licensed facilities and apprentices during the week of October 29, 2018. They were sent to the mailing address currently on file with the Board. If you do not receive your renewal paperwork by the second week of November, please contact Board staff.
Renewal will not be available online for this renewal cycle, and payment will only be accepted by check or money order.
Renewals must be postmarked by December 31, or else they will incur a late fee. Failure to renew licenses by March 31, 2019 will result in the license permanently lapsing.
License Expiration Dates and Renewal Cycles
- Facility Licenses, including Funeral Establishments, Crematories, Cemeteries, and Alternative Disposition Companies are valid for two years, and expire on December 31 of even years.
- Funeral Service Practitioner and Embalmer Licenses are valid for two years and expire on December 31 of odd years.
- Preneed Salesperson Licenses are valid for two years and expire on February 28 of even years.
- Apprentice Licenses are valid for one year and expire on December 31 every year.
- Death Care Consultant Licenses are valid for 2 years and expire 2 years after they are issued.
For individual licenses, failure to renew by the expiration date results in a $50 late fee. If you fail to renew within three months of the expiration date, your license will permanently lapse, and you will need to go through the full initial licensing process again.
Renewal will be available approximately 2 months prior to the expiration date for each license type. Licensees will be sent notification by mail shortly before renewals open. If you become licensed midway through a licensing cycle, the fee is not prorated.