The following license types will expire on January 1, 2021:
- Alternative Disposition Companies
- Apprentice Embalmers
- Apprentice Funeral Service Practitioners
- Cemetery Authorities
- Crematory Authorities
- Funeral Establishments
- Immediate Disposition Companies
* Due to the challenges some of you have encountered while attempting to renew your facility license, we have extended the facility license renewal expiration date from December 31, 2020 to March 31, 2021. You will not be charged the additional reinstatement fee if your facility license is renewed by March 31, 2021.
The Oregon Mortuary and Cemetery Board has moved to a new licensing database, so Facility renewal will look a little different this year.
Here are the instructions for setting up an account using the Facility Portal:
Before you can renew a facility license, you'll need to create a password for your facility's online account. This is easy, and it allows us to match the existing license information with your online account. You'll only need to set a password the first time that you use the Facility Portal – unless you forget your password or security questions.
Go to the Facility Portal on our website using the following link: Facility Portal
- Click “Forgot Password" at the bottom of the screen.
- Enter your facility's license number & facility's email address. Please be sure to include the hyphen in the facility number.
*Note: You'll need to provide the email address that the Board has on file for your facility. If you no longer have access to this email account, you're not sure what email address the Board has on file, or if there is no email address associated with your facility's account, please contact Ryan Christopher, Office/Licensing Manager, via email at email@example.com to verify or update your address. If you have multiple email addresses, please try all of them before contacting Ryan.
- Check your email to obtain your temporary password.
*Note: If the email isn't delivered to your Inbox, please check your spam folder.
- Return to the Facility Portal login page and login with your temporary password.
- Set a new password and provide answers to the security questions.
- You've successfully set up your access to the Facility Portal.
Renewing a Facility License:
Once you've logged into the Facility Portal, click on “License Renewal," then follow the steps to complete your renewal for the year. Be prepared to update your facility manager, if necessary.
Cemetery Authorities should be prepared to provide the total number of interments completed during the prior two years & Alternative Disposition Companies and Crematory Authorities should be prepared to provide the total number of dispositions completed during the prior two years.
You have the option of paying via credit card or check. If you choose to pay by check, you'll need to make sure that your check is postmarked by December 31, 2020, and you'll need to either include a copy of your invoice with the check, or write the facility license number on the memo line.
Checks received that do not include an invoice number or identify the facility may be returned to sender.
A few notes on the Facility Portal:
- Each facility will have its own separate login information, even if they are co-located or have the same manager. If you manage multiple facilities, be sure to keep track of your multiple passwords.
- Remember to include the hyphen in your facility number when logging in.
- Multiple facilities may have the same email address on file.
- Individual licensees may have already used the Licensee Portal to apply or renew their license. The facility log in is separate, so when you log in, you will only see information relating to your facility, and not to your individual license. Log in to the Licensee Portal to access your individual license information.
- If you prefer not to use the Facility Portal for renewal, you will be able to download a renewal form here Facility Renewal Application 2020 FILLABLE.pdf If you choose this method, you must have the renewal postmarked by December 31, 2020 or you will incur late fees and you must pay by check.
As we become better acquainted with our new system, we appreciate your patience. If you have any issues or concerns as you work through the renewal process, please do not hesitate to contact Ryan Christopher, Office/Licensing Manager, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Renewing Apprentice Licenses:
Before you can renew your apprentice license, you’ll need to Activate your Licensee Portal account. Activation is easy, and allows the Board to match your existing license information to your new Licensee Portal
. You’ll only need to activate your account the first time that you use your Licensee Portal.
Instructions for Activating your Licensee Portal Account:
2. Click “Activate Now” at the bottom of the screen.
3. Enter your email address, SSN, and Birth Date.
Important: You’ll need to provide the email address that the Board has on file for you. If you no longer have access to this email account, or if you’re not sure what email address the Board has on file, contact Ryan Christopher, Office/Licensing Manager, via email at email@example.com to verify or update your address. If you have multiple email addresses, please try all of them before contacting the Board.
4. Check your email to get your temporary password.
*Note: If you don’t receive an email, remember to check your spam folder!
Return to the Licensee Portal
login page and login with your temporary password
6. Set a new password and security questions.
When you’ve logged into the Licensee Portal
, click on “License Renewal,” then follow the steps to complete your renewal for the year!
Be prepared to update your contact information and answer questions about your personal history since your last renewal.
You can pay by credit card or by check. If you choose to pay by check, you’ll need to make sure that your check is postmarked by December 31st, and you’ll need to either print your invoice to mail with the check, or write your license number on the memo line.
As the Board’s staff learns our new system, we appreciate your patience! If you have any issues or concerns as you work through the renewal process, please do not hesitate to contact us. Email is preferable to a phone call. Please be aware that we have a small staff serving a large number of Oregonians, and we’ll help you as soon as we’re able. Thanks for your patience and understanding!
License Expiration Dates and Renewal Cycles
- Facility Licenses, including Funeral Establishments, Crematories, Cemeteries, and Alternative Disposition Companies are valid for two years, and expire on December 31 of even years.
- Funeral Service Practitioner and Embalmer Licenses are valid for two years and expire on December 31 of odd years.
- Preneed Salesperson Licenses are valid for two years and expire on February 28 of even years.
- Apprentice Licenses are valid for one year and expire on December 31 every year.
- Death Care Consultant Licenses are valid for 2 years and expire 2 years after they are issued.
For individual licenses, failure to renew by the expiration date results in a $50 late fee. If you fail to renew within three months of the expiration date, your license will permanently lapse, and you will need to go through the full initial licensing process again.
Renewal will be available during the month prior to the expiration date for each license type. Licensees will be sent notification by mail shortly before renewals open. If you become licensed midway through a licensing cycle, the fee is not prorated.