Skip to main content

Oregon State Flag An official website of the State of Oregon »

License Status Changes

Status Changes

Registrants may request to change the status of their registration(s) by logging in to their MyOSBEELS account at

Retirement Status

By placing your registration(s) into retirement status, as defined in the Oregon Administrative Rule (OAR) 820-010-0520, you will no longer be authorized to engage in the professional practice of engineering, land surveying, and/or photogrammetric mapping as defined in the Oregon Revised Statute (ORS), Chapter 672. You will have a period of 5 years from the date of your request to reinstate your registration(s) into the active status in accordance with the ORS 672.180 and OAR 820-010-0520.

Inactive Status
Registrants who want to request to place their registration(s) as a professional engineer (PE), professional land surveyor (PLS), registered professional photogrammetrist (RPP), and/or certification as a certified water right examiner (CWRE) can place their registration into the inactive status if the registrant or certificate holder maintains a current registration or certification in another jurisdiction as provided in OAR 820-010-0520.

Reinstatement from Inactive or Retired Status

Registrants and/or certificate holders who want to reinstate a professional registration(s) or certificate from the retired or inactive status. See the following ORS and OARs for detailed information: ORS 672.180 and OAR 820-080-0010, OAR 820-010-0505, OAR 820-010-0520, and OAR 820-010-0635.