Skip to main content

Oregon State Flag An official website of the State of Oregon »

Interpreter payment

Payment information

The Workers' Compensation Board requires that our contracted interpreters use a WCB Interpreter Billing Form (exhibit D) for invoicing all assignments. There are two versions available, one is for hearings and mileage (15 miles or more roundtrip), and the other is for travel over 30 one-way miles, 40 one-way miles, travel time, and overnight travel expenses when applicable.

  • Exhibit D: Interpreter Travel Billing PDF | Excel
  • Exhibit D: Interpreter Travel Billing (30 one-way miles, 40 one-way miles or more) PDF | Excel

The interpreter billing form can be filed in the following ways:

By email
  • Download the interpreter billing form.
  • Complete the interpreter billing form and save it.
  • Address email to
  • Subject line must be Interpreter Billing Form.
  • Attach the completed form to the email.
  • Send.
  • If your email transmission is successful, you will receive an email reply announcing receipt of your interpreter billing form.
  • If you do not receive this reply email, repeat these steps. Double check that you have used the correct email address and the subject line reads Interpreter Billing Form.
By fax
The interpreter billing form can be filed by faxing the completed form to Salem at 503-373-1458.

By regular mail
The completed interpreter billing form can be sent by regular mail to:
Workers' Compensation Board
2601 25th St. SE, Suite 150
Salem, OR 97302

Submitting WCB interpreter billing forms, and when can an interpreter expect to get paid for their services?

Contractor shall invoice WCB within 30 days of completing a hearing assignment. WCB shall pay after receipt and acceptance of the Contractor's invoice within 30 days. If you have not received payment within the 30 days after we received your billing statement, contact the interpreter services coordinator.

How can I sign up for direct deposit?

WCB contracted interpreters may sign up for direct deposit for their payments from the Oregon Workers’ Compensation Board. Note: The Oregon Department of Administrative Services (DAS) is the department in charge of the direct deposit option, not WCB. Further questions or issues with direct deposit should be directed to DAS. Direct Deposit Form.

How do I determine the mileage from point A to point B?

Contracted interpreters approved for travel or other expenses must use the WCB Travel Billings form. They may use MapQuest or Google Maps to calculate the mileage from point A to point B.

What is the current mileage rate?

See the following link for our current Oregon Travel Rates.

WCB Interpreter Services logo


​​Andrea Hiscocks​
Interpretive Services Coordinator
Workers' Compensation Board

Related links