Purpose & Responsibilities
The purpose of the State Interoperability Executive Council is to provide policy level direction for matters related to planning, designing and implementing guidelines, best practices, and standard approaches to address Oregon's public safety communications interoperability issues. The Council shall also recommend funding strategies that support development of a statewide system, including seeking federal funding, or other funding, for statewide interoperability. In an effort to improve wireless interoperability in Oregon, the Council shall:
- Recommend strategies with regard to improving Oregon's wireless interoperability between agencies;
- Research and evaluate the best practices for the purchasing of equipment and the sharing of communications infrastructure;
- Strive to foster cooperation and improve inter-agency wireless communications among state, federal and local jurisdictions;
- Serve as a central coordination point for local, regional, and national interoperability matters; and
- Develop recommendations for legislation or other state action that may be required to further promote wireless interoperability in Oregon.
Per Executive Order number EO 02-17
September 10th, 2002.