The Mechanical Board helps the director of the Department of Consumer and Business Services administer the code and associated administrative rules adopted for mechanical devices and equipment.
Sept. 13, 2017
June 7, 2017
March 1, 2017
Schedule of all meetings
Members are appointed by the governor and subject to confirmation by the Senate. The Mechanical Board consists of 10 members to include the following representation:
- A representative of the plumbing industry
- A sheet metal and air conditioner contractor
- A municipal mechanical inspector
- A heating, venting, and air conditioning contractor
- A heating, venting, and air conditioning installer
- A sheet metal and air conditioner installer
- A representative of a natural gas company or other utility
- A building official; and one public member
- An insulation craftsperson who has experience with heat and frost insulation
Note: Either the sheet metal and air conditioner contractor or the heating, venting, and air conditioning contractor must be an owner or operator of a contracting business employing 10 or fewer people at the time of the member’s appointment to the term.