General program information
The HOT Program handles issues related to:
- Tanks storing fuel oil (typically Number 1 and 2 diesel oil) to heat
buildings for human habitation.
- Requirements for the voluntary decommissioning of HOTs.
- Reporting releases from HOTs and the cleanup of soil and groundwater
- Rules for contractors working on HOTs and the cleanup of soil contamination.
Heating Oil Tank Databases
Search HOT Decommissioned List
This database is a searchable format of DEQ’s Heating Oil Tank voluntary decommission registration list. These sites are decommissioning projects certified by a licensed service provider or homeowner.
Performing a Search
- Street Address: This is the mailing address of the site. If you only know the street name you can enter that in the "Street Address" field (uncheck the null box) and get a list of all recorded certified decommissions on that street. Or, you can enter an address number without the street name (such as 5600) to narrow your search to one or a few sites.
- View Report Button: Click on this button to perform a data search after you have entered data into appropriate fields and unchecked the null box.
- To obtain a copy of the DEQ closure letter please file a public records request listing the HOT ID number and property address.
HOT Decommissioning and Cleanup Laws and Regulations
Oregon Revised Statute
Oregon Administrative Rules