Oregon's Underground Storage Tank Program is part of the DEQ's Operations Division. The UST Program handles issues related to tank registration and operating certificates; installation, operation and removal of USTs; cleanup of soil and groundwater contamination from petroleum leaks; training of system operators; financial liability protection for future leaks, licensing of contractors working on USTs and enforcement of state UST rules.
General Program Information
- ORS Chapter 466 - Hazardous Waste and Hazardous Materials II
Sections 466.706 to 466.845, 466.994 and 466.995
- Division 12 - Enforcement Procedures and Civil Penalties
- Division 150 - Underground Storage Tank Rules
- Division 151 - Financial Responsibility for USTs
- Code of Federal Regulations - Regulations and Standards Related to UST
The federal list of Hazardous Substances Adopted Pursuant to Section 101(14) of the Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation and Liability Act is found in 40 CFR Part 302.4.