A wind energy facility with a peak generating capacity of 400 megawatts
Location: Sherman County
The Council has approved a site certificate. The facility is not yet under construction. The applicant has submitted a request to amend the site certificate to extend deadlines to begin and complete construction by two years.
BP Alternative Energy of North America, Inc.
BP Wind Energy North America, Inc.
700 Louisiana St, 33rd Floor
Houston, TX 77002
Department of Energy Staff: Duane Kilsdonk
Original site certificate signed: June 18, 2009
- April 11, 2007: Applicant submitted a notice of intent.
- July 6, 2007: ODOE issued a project order.
- Aug. 10, 2007: Applicant submitted a preliminary application.
- Aug. 4, 2008: Date of filing (application complete).
- Oct. 6, 2008: ODOE issued a draft proposed order
- May 15, 2009: Council approved a site certificate.
- June 18, 2009: Effective date of the site certificate.
- Dec. 15, 2011: Request for Amendment #1 received.
- Feb. 24, 2011: Proposed Order issued on Amendment 1.
- May 11, 2012: Council approved Amendment #1.
- May 18, 2012: First amended site certificate became effective.