Steps to become an Oregon Qualified Health Care Interpreter
- Fulfill HCI training, language proficiency, and work experience requirements. See Requirements for Qualification
- Download and complete Oregon Health Care Interpreter Registry Enrollment Application. (PDF)
Note: If already registered, please skip this step.
- Obtain written verification of required:
Download and complete the Oregon Qualified Health Care Interpreter Application Checklist
- 60 hours of formal health care interpreter training;
- Language proficiency in English and the language(s) in which you provide interpretation;
- 40 hours of documented health care interpreter work experience.
Mail all of the above materials, along with $25 Qualification Application fee to:
- Oregon Health Care Interpreter Program
Oregon Health Authority
Office of Equity and Inclusion
800 NE Oregon St, Suite 550
Portland, OR 97232
Questions? Please feel free to contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org, or 971-673-1286