Child support services are available to both custodial and noncustodial parents. Relatives or other caretakers who have physical custody of a child are also entitled to child support services.

If your child receives Temporary Assistance for Needy Families in Oregon, or received it in the past, as a general rule the Department of Justice, Division of Child Support (DCS) will provide child support services. DCS also provides services if your child is in the care of the Department of Human Services (i.e., foster care) or the Oregon Youth Authority.

If your child has not received TANF, you can request child support services from the district attorney in the county where you live. In a few counties, DCS provides services for the district attorney by contracted agreement.

Find more about child support and services offered by the Oregon Child Support Program.

Also see: Oregon Department of Justice Child Support Laws and Rules‚Äč