My Future-My Choice is a comprehensive, medically accurate, inclusive and trauma informed sexuality education curriculum. It meets the requirements of Oregon’s Health Education Standards and House Bill 2509 to provide age-appropriate sexuality education as an integral part of the health education curriculum.
This ten-part education series aims to provide middle school students with tools to have healthy relationships that includes setting and respecting personal boundaries and treating each other with respect and dignity. My Future-My Choice offers skills to resist peer and social pressure including messages from the media and teaches students how to prevent sexually transmitted infections and pregnancy.
- Learn and understand how your bodies change when you are becoming an adult
- Learn and understand about gender and the different ways people identify and express themselves.
- Learn and understand about sexual orientation and the different kinds of romantic and sexual attractions people may have
- Learn and understand how to set short-term, mid-term and long-term goals.
- Learn and understand how the media can influence the decisions you make about sex.
- Discuss and understand different types of pressures that influence your decisions.
- Learn and understand more about healthy and unhealthy relationships
- Learn and practice assertive skills to use in pressured situations.
- Understand and practice the importance of knowing how to protect yourself and make the best choices for you.
- Learn about setting boundaries and respecting other people’s boundaries.