Tax preparation assista​nce

Free tax preparation services are available for low- to moderate-income taxpayers through AARP and CASH Oregon. Contact them to see if you qualify or to find a location near you. Not all locations offer free e-filing.

United Way is offering free tax assistance through their MyFreeTaxes​ program. You can call their tax helpline at (855) MY-TX-HELP (698-9435) or send them an email or chat with a representative through their website.

Free tax prepar​ation software offers

View our list of approved vendors to find a software solution that suits you. Read about the vendor's free options listed to see if you are eligible. You can also visit the product's website for details about security, pricing, and features.

Free e-file

Visit our free filing webpage if you prepare your own taxes but want the convenience of e-filing your Oregon return.


​Learn more

Read about how e-filing works.

Earned Income Tax Credit

If you qualify for the federal Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC), you can also claim the Oregon Earned Income Credit (EIC). Your Oregon EIC is 8 percent of your federal EITC if you're a full-time resident, and 8 percent of your federal EITC multiplied by your Oregon percentage if you're a part-year or nonresident.