Pesticide stewardship partnerships
- Identify potential concerns and improve water quality affected by pesticide use around Oregon.
- Combine local expertise in water quality sampling results to encourage voluntary changes in pesticide use and management practices.
- Find ways to reduce pesticide levels while measuring improvements in water quality and crop management.
- Work toward measurable environmental improvements, making Oregon waters safer for aquatic life and humans.
- Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ)
- Oregon State University (OSU) Extension Service
- Oregon Department of Agriculture (ODA)
- Oregon Department of Forestry (ODF)
- Oregon Health Authority (OHA)
- Watershed and other natural resource groups
- Local landowners and growers
- Soil and water conservation districts
- Tribal governments
Waste Pesticide Collection Program
This program collects unwanted/unusable pesticides, spray mixtures, and unrinsed pesticide containers from agricultural or commercial operations. Household pesticides can be disposed of through the Household Hazardous Waste Program. Collection events will be posted here as they are announced.
The tentative dates for Waste Pesticide Collection events July 1, 2019, through June 30, 2021, are:
||October 26, 2019|
|Tangent - Mid-Willamette Valley
||November 22, 2019|
||January - March 2020|
|Bandon - South Coast
||March - June 2020|
||September - November 2019|
||September - November 2020|
||February - May 2021|
A collection event has been scheduled for 9 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. October 26, 2019, at Clean Harbors, 16540 SE 130th Ave., Clackamas. For details, see the inventory form and event brochure . The application form is due by October 17.
Another collection event is scheduled for November 22, 2019, at the Nutrien Ag Solutions facility, 32092 Old Highway 34, Tangent. For details, see the inventory form and event brochure. The application form is due by November 8.