Pesticide stewardship partnerships
- Identify potential concerns and improve water quality affected by pesticide use around Oregon.
- Combine local expertise in water quality sampling results to encourage voluntary changes in pesticide use and management practices.
- Find ways to reduce pesticide levels while measuring improvements in water quality and crop management.
- Work toward measurable environmental improvements, making Oregon waters safer for aquatic life and humans.
- Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ)
- Oregon State University (OSU) Extension Service
- Oregon Department of Agriculture (ODA)
- Oregon Department of Forestry (ODF)
- Oregon Health Authority (OHA)
- Watershed and other natural resource groups
- Local landowners and growers
- Soil and water conservation districts
- Tribal governments
Stakeholder Advisory Group
In order to provide for more interaction between agency leadership, the Water Quality Pesticide Management Team (WQPMT), and stakeholders, a Stakeholder Advisory Group (SAG) has been initiated. The SAG membership represents a wide range of stakeholder interests including industry, applicators, environmental, and governmental interests. The purpose of this group will be to provide advice to the WQPMT and agency leadership on issues related to the administration of the Pesticide Stewardship Partnership.
The next meeting to be announced.
Waste Pesticide Collection Program
This program collects unwanted/unusable pesticides, spray mixtures, and unrinsed pesticide containers from agricultural or commercial operations. Household pesticides can be disposed of through the Household Hazardous Waste Program. Collection events will be posted here as they are announced.
The tentative dates for Waste Pesticide Collection events through June 30, 2021, are:
||January - March 2020|
||February 5, 2020|
Rinsed plastic containers will not be accepted at this event
|Bandon - South Coast
||March - June 2020|
||September - November 2019|
||September - November 2020|
||February - May 2021|
Madras waste pesticide collection event will be held 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., February 5, 2020, at the Jefferson County Fairgrounds, 430 SW Fairgrounds Road, Madras. Applications for the free event must be returned by January 29, 2020. For information, see the event brochure.