Information for Oregon Aerial Pesticide Applicator's
Aerial applicator license
- Allows you to apply pesticides by aircraft.
- You must meet the following requirements to qualify for an aerial license:
- Hold a current and active Oregon commercial, public, or private applicator license.
- Hold a valid FAA commercial airman's certificate for the type of aerial equipment that is being used.
- Provide your current FAA medical certificate.
- Provide documented proof of at least 50 hours of pesticide application flight time.
- Commercial applicators must be employed by a company with a commercial operator's license.
- Applications may only be made under the categories listed on your commercial or public license.
- Test required — An aerial exam is required for pesticide applications.
Permanent rule for aerial pesticide applicators in effect
The permanent rule for the aerial pesticide applicators license is now in effect. It requires aerial application licensing for people who want to aerially apply pesticides by aircraft.