Pesticide stewardship partnerships
- Identify potential concerns and improve water quality affected by pesticide use around Oregon.
- Combine local expertise in water quality sampling results to encourage voluntary changes in pesticide use and management practices.
- Find ways to reduce pesticide levels while measuring improvements in water quality and crop management.
- Work toward measurable environmental improvements, making Oregon waters safer for aquatic life and humans.
- Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ)
- Oregon State University (OSU) Extension Service
- Oregon Department of Agriculture (ODA)
- Oregon Department of Forestry (ODF)
- Oregon Health Authority (OHA)
- Watershed and other natural resource groups
- Local landowners and growers
- Soil and water conservation districts
- Tribal governments
Stakeholder Advisory Group
In order to provide for more interaction between agency leadership, the Water Quality Pesticide Management Team (WQPMT), and stakeholders, a Stakeholder Advisory Group (SAG) has been initiated. The SAG membership represents a wide range of stakeholder interests including industry, applicators, environmental, and governmental interests. The purpose of this group will be to provide advice to the WQPMT and agency leadership on issues related to the administration of the Pesticide Stewardship Partnership.
The next meeting to be announced.
Waste Pesticide Collection Program
This program collects unwanted/unusable pesticides, spray mixtures, and unrinsed pesticide containers from agricultural or commercial operations. Household pesticides can be disposed of through the Household Hazardous Waste Program. Collection events will be posted here as they are announced.
The tentative dates for Waste Pesticide Collection events through June 30, 2021, are:
|Dallas — McMinnville
Note: Waste pesticide collections will not occur between April and November 2020 due to the public health concerns. Given the status of the coronavirus outbreak, the November date should be considered tentative. Specific information regarding these events will be posted and approximately 60 days before the scheduled event.