Thank you for your patience throughout our Summer 2018 road closures of I-5. While mainline paving is complete, we will be paving on and off ramps of I-5 from March 15 - April 30, 2019. These on and off ramps include: Northeast Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard/OR 99E (near Marine Drive), North Victory Boulevard, North Lombard Street (Southbound), North Alberta Street.
The project is currently working on installing new ADA ramps, electrical, barrier, guardrail, and signage, and will continue this work through April 30, 2019.
All work is expected to be complete by April 30, 2019.
Other upcoming traffic impacts during remaining construction include:
- Night time single and double lane, ramp and shoulder closures in both directions on I-5.
- Multiple overnight closures on several I-5 exit and entrance ramps.
- Lane closures on cross-streets near on-ramps and off-ramps.
Construction is underway
Night work is required to minimize traffic impacts during the day. This work includes paving, grinding, median barrier work, ADA sidewalk curb ramp excavation and construction, electrical and sign work.
Call the 24-hour project hotline for nighttime noise-related questions or concerns: 1-833-840-1106
Construction Work Hours:
- Night time weekdays (Sundays through Thursdays):8 p.m. to 5:30 a.m.
- Night time weekends (Fridays): 8 p.m. to 8 a.m.
- Saturdays: 8 p.m. to 8 a.m.
Meetings and EventsVisit the online open house for calendars and interactive maps of upcoming construction on I-5 in Portland and for information about other work in the area at the I-84 at I-5 interchange.
- Spring 2017 - Preliminary design phase
- Late Summer 2017 - Final design phase
- Summer 2018 through Spring 2019 - Construction phase
* Dates are subject to change due to weather and site conditions.
Night time work started in June 2018 and will continue until spring 2019. Expect night time lane closures for paving work on I-5, including paving exit and entrance ramps, replacing the median barrier, upgrading sidewalks, improve signage and upgrade ADA ramps.