Night time construction and paving work will continue in both directions on I-5
through summer 2018.
This paving work is taking place concurrently with the ramp closures on Interstate 84 at I-5.
Visit the I-84 at I-5 project website for more information, work schedules and detour routes.
Other traffic impacts during construction include:
- Night time single and double lane, ramp and shoulder closures in both directions on I-5.
- Full overnight weekend closures on I-5 between Marquam and Fremont bridges; follow signed detour routes.
- Multiple overnight closures on several I-5 exit and entrance ramps.
- Lane closures on cross-streets near on-ramps and off-ramps.
Construction is underway
Night work is required to minimize traffic impacts during the day. This work includes paving, grinding, median barrier work, ADA sidewalk curb ramp excavation and construction, and sign work.
Call the 24-hour project hotline for nightime noise-related questions or concerns: 1-833-840-1106
Construction Work Hours:
- Night time weekdays (Sundays through Thursdays):8 p.m. to 5:30 a.m.
- Night time weekends (Fridays): 8 p.m. to 8 a.m.
- Saturdays: 8 p.m. to 8 a.m.
Meetings and EventsVisit the online open house for calendars and interactive maps of upcoming construction on I-5 in Portland and for information about other work in the area at the I-84 at I-5 interchange.
- Spring 2017 - Preliminary design phase
- Late Summer 2017 - Final design phase
- Summer 2018 through fall 2019 - Construction phase
* Dates are subject to change due to weather and site conditions.
Night time work started in June 2018 and will continue until fall 2019. Expect night time lane closures for paving work on I-5, including paving exit and entrance ramps, replacing the median barrier, upgrading sidewalks, improve signage and upgrade ADA ramps.
What Travelers Can Do
- Adjust work schedule to avoid peak period of travel
- Avoid the area
- Take transit
- Ride a bike
- Take a vacation