Attention! Complete a risk assessment prior to completing an insurance requirement template!
If assistance is needed in learning how to use this tool for determining contractor insurance requirements, scroll down to: Training on how to use the tool on iLearn.
Risk assessment tools for determining insurance requirements
After completing the risk assessment, click the
appropriate link below the tool to select the insurance requirement template. Use
the results from the risk assessment to complete the template. The
templates for services and goods contracts and for services and goods
intergovernmental agreements (IGA) include insurance coverage that may
not be applicable to a current situation. The risk assessment will help
determine which insurance coverage to request.
Services and goods risk assessment tool and templates
IT risk assessment tool and template
Construction risk assessment tool and templates
When finalizing contract language:
Coverage that is "not required" may be deleted from the insurance requirement templates.
- You may ONLY delete language where "not required" is indicated. You MAY NOT modify or delete the following sections:
- The opening paragraph (except to modify to show the actual section or exhibit number.)
- Workers' compensation & employers liability
- Excess/umbrella insurance
- Additional insured
- Tail coverage
- Certificate(s) and proof of insurance
- Notice of change or cancellation
- Insurance requirement review
- State acceptance (except to modify to show the actual section or exhibit number.)
- If a contractor wants to revise any of the template language, you may contact DAS Risk Management.
Training on how to use the tool on iLearn
The following link will direct you to iLearn where a 15 minute tutorial on how to use the risk assessment tool will be provided.
DAS - Risk Management - Risk Insurance Assessment Tool
If the tutorial fails to open on iLearn, try adjusting your compatibility settlings as follows:
- Click the above link and then log in to iLearn.
- Go to "Settings" under Tools and click "Compatibility View Settings".
- Click "Add" then click "Close" and log back in.