Skip to main content

Oregon State Flag An official website of the State of Oregon »

Local Governments

Local Government Fleet and Heavy Equipment Sales

Local governments (cities, counties, school districts, special districts, etc.) who would like the state of Oregon to sell their fleet and heavy equipment must complete the Intergovernmental Agreement (IGA) contract below. This contains specific language as to the local governments responsibilities, as well as those of the state.

Intergovernmental agreement

What Constitutes a Fleet Vehicle or Heavy Equipment?

The following is a comprehensive (but not all-inclusive) list of what falls into the category of vehicles & heavy equipment.  Note: Individual  parts or attachments are categorized as personal property (i.e. tires are not a car; a grader blade is not a grader.): Cars, pick-ups, trucks, graders, dozers, RVs, backhoes, front-end loaders, buses, cranes, skidders, motorcycles, skid-steers, snowmobiles, ATVs, excavators, rollers, planes, Sno-cats, forklifts, manlifts, tractors, riding mowers, trenching machine, golf carts, Gators/Mules, trailers, boats (not kayaks, canoes or other small, similar non-motorized boats), etc.

Local Governments Purchasing Surplus Property

Whether purchasing state or federal property from the Surplus Property program, an agency must first complete an eligibilty application packet. This process is used to assign certain individuals within an agency to be "Authorized Signers," and provides for billing information about an agency. Eligibility, once approved, is good for three years.

Eligibility criteria and applications

Oregon Cooperative Procurement Program (ORCPP)

This program is administered through Oregon state governments Procurement Services and Policy agency. Participants pay an annual fee for services based on their organization´s fiscal year budget. Oregon state governments Cooperative Procurement Program allows its members to utilize certain Oregon Price Agreements for goods and services. ORCPP eligible entities include:

  • Units of Local Government such as cities, counties, school districts, special districts, etc.
  • Oregon University Systems and its individual institutions
  • Qualified Rehabilitation Facilities
  • Residential programs under contract with the Oregon Department of Human Services
  • United States governmental agencies
  • American Indian tribes and agencies of American Indian tribes
  • Certain qualified public benefit corporations

State agencies not subject to ORS 279A.050 and DAS-implemented Administrative Rules, such as Oregon Lottery, Treasury, Secretary of State, etc.

ORCPP website