2021 Dental License Renewals - Renewal Portal Open to All Licensees expiring March 31, 2021
The Oregon Board of Dentistry's new renewal portal is now available to all Licensees eligible to renew. We appreciate your patience rolling out the new system. Below is the link to renew your license. Once you have registered, you will receive a notification sent to your email thanking you for registering, and an email with a temporary password, so that you can log into the Licensee Portal.
Online Renewal Process
First, you must register by creating a log-in and password in the new renewal platform. Before you register and start the renewal process, you need to have a couple of items saved to your computer system, those items will be a passport type photo taken within the last year and your current Healthcare Provider BLS/CPR certificate. In addition, if you hold a Moderate, Deep or General Sedation Permit, you will also need to upload copies of your ACLS and/or PALS certificates. During the renewal process you will be required to upload these documents into your renewal. The renewal process should take no more than 15 minutes to complete. Please note, if for some reason you need to stop mid-way in renewing your license you can log back into the system and start from where you left off.
Important information when renewing your license
- Licensees are personally responsible for their license renewal.
- This means no one other than the licensee should be answering the renewal questions.
- There are no exceptions for the online process. If you do not have access to a computer, you can visit a local library, a family member or friend, or if in the Portland-Metro area, you can visit the Board office.
- You can complete your renewal prior to completing all of your continuing education (CE) for the current renewal cycle! However, it is your responsibility to ensure that you complete all required CE prior to the deadline. Please contact Board staff at 971-673-3200 if extenuating circumstances will prevent you from completing all of your required CE prior to the deadline.
- Pay online with a US issued Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, or electronic check at time of renewal
- Active duty military fees are waived - see information below
Active Duty Military
Oregon Dental & Dental Hygiene licensure fees are waived for licensees who are active duty military. For those individuals seeking waiver of fees, you must select the 'Active Duty Military' option after completing the online renewal when asked how you would like to pay. In lieu of payment, you must send in documentation from your commanding officer of your active duty military status. Please confirm with your commanding officer that you are allowed to take the waiver, as the military has changed their policy.
If you do not wish to renew your Nitrous Oxide, Minimal Sedation, Moderate Sedation, Deep Sedation, General Anesthesia or Expanded Practice Permit
If you do not plan on renewing your permit, please email Board staff at firstname.lastname@example.org prior to renewing
your license so that we can remove the permit and fees from your license renewal. Fees are non-refundable and if you should renew online and pay the fee(s), you will not be refunded the monies.
Options if you do not wish to renew your license
If you do not wish to renew your license, and are no longer practicing in any jurisdiction i.e., another state or country, please email us your information, so we can send you a retirement form. Please make sure in your email that you let us know that you are no longer practicing.
Following is the email address to request a retirement form:
If you do not wish to renew your license and you are practicing in another jurisdiction .i.e., another state or country, please email us your information, so we can document in your record that you are not planning on renewing.
Following is the email address to let the OBD know you are not renewing your license:
You cannot work with an expired license in the State of Oregon
If you license expires, even if your paperwork has been mailed or you've just completed the renewal online, until you see your license has been renewed, either on our website or by calling our office, you may not practice.
The Board may impose a civil penalty of $2500 for practicing without a license.