2019-2021 Dental Renewal
The dental renewal postcards are being mailed today, January 22, 2019. You do not need your postcard to renew your license. Following is the link to renew your dental license, if it expires on March 31, 2019.
Please review the following information carefully, prior to renewing your license!
Important information when renewing your dental or dental hygiene license
Licensees are personally responsible for their license renewal.
This means no one other than the licensee should be answering the renewal questions.
There are no exceptions for the online process. If you do not have access to a computer, you can visit a local library, a family member or friend, or if in the Portland-Metro area, you can visit the Board office.
You cannot work with an expired license in the State of Oregon
If you license expires, even if your paperwork has been mailed or you've just completed the renewal online, until you see your license has been renewed, either on our website or by calling our office, you may not practice.
The Board may impose a civil penalty of $2500 for practicing without a license.
Online Renewal Process
Dental and Dental Hygiene Renewal reminder postcards are mailed out approximately 10 weeks prior to your expiration date.
You do not need a postcard to renew your license.
You only need to provide the following information in order to access your renewal:
- Last name as registered with the Oregon Board of Dentistry
- Oregon Dental or Dental Hygiene License No.
- Last 4 digits of Social Security No.
Once you have accessed your online renewal application, you will be able to complete the process entirely online. If you should need to stop in the middle of the process your information, up to the last completed page will be saved allowing you to return at a later date to complete the process. Late fees are not charged for 10 days after your license has expired, although you may not practice with an expired license for any reason.
- Pay online with a US issued Visa or MasterCard at time of renewal
- Print completed renewal and mail it to the PO Box with a check or money order
- Printed forms MUST be signed and dated
- Payment MUST accompany printed renewal form. Renewals received without payment will be returned to licensee for payment. Your license will NOT be renewed until payment is received with the renewal application.
- Active duty military fees are waived - see information below
Active Duty Military
Oregon Dental & Dental Hygiene licensure fees are waived for licensees who are active duty military
. For those individuals seeking waiver of fees, you must select the 'Active Duty Military' option after completing the online renewal when asked how you would like to pay. In lieu of payment, you must send in documentation from your commanding officer of your active duty military status.