Official Online License Verifications
Use our online lookup to quickly search for:
- Licensed Dentists
- Licensed Dental Hygienists
- Expanded Practice Dental Hygienists
The Oregon Board of Dentistry has done primary source verification of the Licensee's initial education leading to her/his eligibility for licensure since at least 1987. The information contained on this web site is the same information provided through other means, i.e., telephone, email or mail and is true and complete to the best of our knowledge.
Information Regarding Board Action:
Copies of final Board action regarding individual Licensees are available on-line. If you are unable to print this, please contact us at email@example.com
Information Regarding Malpractice Claims:
Malpractice claim information is compiled by the Oregon Board of Dentistry from claim reports it receives from primary insurers; public bodies required to defend, save harmless and indemnify an officer, employee or agent of the public; a self-insured entity; or a health maintenance organization. Claim reporting and disclosure requirements are governed by ORS 742.400.
The settlement of a medical malpractice claim may occur for a variety of reasons that do not necessarily reflect negatively on the professional competence or conduct of the provider. Therefore, there may be no disciplinary action appearing for a licensee, even though there is a closed malpractice claim on file. A payment in the settlement of a medical malpractice action does not create a presumption that medical malpractice occurred. Malpractice information provided on a record represents information from reporters to date. Please note: Not all reporters may have submitted claim information to the Board.
To request a list of current licensees: please email firstname.lastname@example.org
You may specify the type of information you wish to receive, and the delivery format (paper or electronic).
General Public Records Request
Access to Public Records
Public Records Officers:
- Stephen Prisby, Executive Director
- Haley Robinson, Office Manager
- Teresa Haynes, Project Manager
Address: 1500 SW 1st Avenue, Suite #770
Portland, OR 97201
Requests must include:
- The date of the request;
- The name and address of the person requesting the public record;
- The telephone number or other contact information for the person requesting the public record; and
- A sufficiently detailed description of the record(s) requested to allow OBD to search for and identify responsive records. Please also specify the preferred format and delivery method.
- Public records not exempt from disclosure may be inspected during office hours at the Board office upon reasonable notice.
- Copies of public records not exempt from disclosure may be purchased upon receipt of a written request. The Board may withhold copies of public records until the requestor pays for the copies.
- The Board follows the Department of Administrative Service’s statewide policy (107-001-030) for fees in regards to public records request.