What we do
During emergencies or disasters, state agencies have different roles as part of Oregon's
Comprehensive Emergency Management Plan.
Oregon Department of Human Services (ODHS) has a primary responsibility to coordinate with governmental and non-governmental agencies to address the following issues during a major emergency or disaster:
- Non-medical mass care including food, water and shelter
- Emergency assistance including first aid and distribution of supplies
- Assessing human services needs of people impacted
- Coordinating human services and reducing barriers
- Addressing limited English proficiency needs
Office of Resilience and Emergency Management coordinates this work at ODHS.
Emergency contacts – only for county and tribal emergency managers needing mass care support:
Please submit an OpsCenter request through the Oregon Department of Emergency Management.
To discuss emerging needs: Call our Staff Duty Officer at 503-373-2366.
ODHS Office of Resilience and Emergency Management
3406 Cherry Ave., NE
Salem, OR 97303
Executive Assistant to Ed Flick
Regional Emergency Coordinator, North
Regional Emergency Coordinator, South
Amber Rawson, Interim
Regional Emergency Coordinator, Central and East
Eli Grove, Interim
Tribal Emergency Liaison