Skip to the main content of the page

Oregon Home Care Commission

New to In-Home Services?

Congratulations! This website can connect you with the resources to help you live as independently as possible in your own home. You are now either a consumer-employer, employer of record, designated representative, or common-law employer (also known as employer). This role may be scary; however, we have the Employer Resource Connection, formerly known as STEPS, which is designed to empower and support you. For more information​ please visit the Employer Resource Connection (formerly known as STEPS) web page.

Haven’t Applied for In-Home Services Yet?

Are you or a family member looking for in-home services? Please contact your local Area Agency on Aging or Aging and People with Disabilities office or Community Developmental Disabilities Program, Brokerage, or Children’s Intensive In-Home Services for more information on how to apply.

Do Not Qualify for State Paid Services?

Contact Aging and Disability Resource Connection or call 1-855-673-2372. Trained Options Counselors will assist you to find community resources.

Private Pay Resources

Individuals and families who chose to hire and pay a worker to provide in-home services need to know what their responsibilities are as an employer. Below is some information you may need to know.

Registry and Referral System

The Oregon Home Care Commission has homecare and personal support workers who are willing to provide services to individuals who pay for the service with own funds.

First Responder Emergency Card

In case of an emergency, would first responders know your emergency contacts, your doctor’s name, or what medications you take? Included on this page are two formats of the first responder emergency card to print. 

Completed card(s) can be posted on your refrigerator or any safe location where first responders can be directed.