The Office of the Taxpayer Advocate is here to help.
The taxpayer advocate will:
- Identify issues or barriers to equitable and fair tax collection.
- Identify meaningful ways to work with community partners, especially in efforts to reach previously underserved populations.
- Provide expedited service to taxpayers whose problems are not resolved through ordinary channels and receive and evaluate complaints of improper, abusive, or inefficient service by agency employees.
- Identify systemic issues and make recommendations to address them.
- Promote taxpayer issues and concerns to department policymakers and state legislators.
- Provide another access point to department information.
- Problem-solve and suggest options to taxpayer dilemmas that exist through normal channels the taxpayer may not have been aware of.
However, the advocate cannot change Oregon tax law for individual situations, interfere with normal processes unless a documented hardship exists, or provide legal counsel.
Contact Taxpayer Services Unit
Phone: 503-378-4988 or 800-356-4222
For additional assistance, contact us:
TTY: We accept all relay calls.