2021 Legislative Session Resources
During each legislative session, the HECC presents to legislative committees and advises the Oregon Legislature and the Governor on topics of critical concern to Oregon postsecondary education, working in close collaboration with campus leaders and partners.
Explore recent HECC Work Group and formal Reports submitted to the Oregon Legislature here.
Fact Sheets and Issue Briefs
HECC Presentations and Testimony
- December 17, 2020, House Interim Committee on Education, Overview of the GED® Program, Adrienne Ochs and Scott Salesses.
- December 15, 2020, House Interim Committee on Education. Responses to pandemic and wildfire crises, HECC presentation materials, Ben Cannon
- December 7, 2020, Senate Interim Committee on Education
2021 Legislative Concept Proposals
- Summary of all HECC Legislative Concepts
- HB 2089 – Klamath Community College Boundary Change: HB 2089 1-page summary, HB 2089 DRAFT
- HB 2090 – Boundary Change Process Modification: HB 2090 1-page summary, HB 2090 DRAFT
- HB 2091 - Lane Community College Boundary Change: LC 593 1-page summary, LC 593 DRAFT
- SB 74 – Cosmetology School Curriculum: SB 74 1-page summary, SB 74 DRAFT
- SB 75 – Deceased or Disabled Public Safety Officer Program Funding: SB 75 1-page summary, SB 75 DRAFT
- HB 2092 – Oregon Youth Employment Program: HB 2092 1-page summary, HB 2092 DRAFT
- HB 2093 – Financial Aid Redesign: HB 2093 1-page summary, HB 2093 DRAFT
- HB 2147– Placeholder for Reforming Higher Education Delivery: HB 2147 1-page summary, HB 2147 DRAFT
- SB 76 – Credit Transfer: SB 76 1-page summary, SB 76 DRAFT
- SB 77 – Minor Revisions: SB 77 1-page summary, SB 77 DRAFT
- SB 78 – Placeholder for Reforming Hugher Education System Structure: SB 78 1-page summary, SB 78 DRAFT
Staff Updates to the Commission
HECC staff regularly update the Commission on legislative activity at its public meetings.