Skip to main content

Oregon State Flag An official website of the State of Oregon »

School Library Media Endorsement

To be employed as a licensed school librarian in an Oregon public school, one must be a licensed teacher and have a library media endorsement (LME). While no Oregon university offers a library media endorsement program anymore, there are options for Oregon teachers and districts.

This document addresses frequently asked questions about how to identify accepted out-of-state library media endorsement programs and how to add an LME to an Oregon teaching license. Answers were provided by staff from the Teacher Standards and Practices Commission, or TSPC, the Oregon agency in charge of educator licensure and university educator program approvals. T
he FAQ will be reviewed annually.

Have questions after exploring the FAQ? Please ask.

Jen Maurer, School Library Consultant || || 971-375-3540