Natural Resources

​Several programs within the Oregon Department of Agriculture receive information about environmental and pesticide impacts and concerns. 

​When questions or concerns arise, it’s best to contact us as soon as possible. Many environmental and pesticide concerns are time-sensitive. If ODA staff are unable to gather samples and document conditions immediately, we may miss the opportunity. Providing as much detailed information as you can will help us provide a timely response, will assist us in conducting a thorough assessment, and allows us to coordinate with other appropriate agencies.​

You can contact us with a complaint in several ways, including:
  • ​​Phone (open Monday through Friday): 503-986-4635​
  • Email:​
  • Notifying the Oregon Emergency Response System ​​(OERS); available 24-7
  • Calling 211 (for pesticide concerns); available 24-7​​

What to Expect When You File a Complaint with Natural Resource Programs

Filing a complaint information for Natural Resource Programs

Agricultural water quality

Agricultural Water Quality Program information​
Phone: 503-986-4700

For complaints related to the following:

  • Livestock
  • Manure
  • Mud
  • Erosion
  • Riparian vegetation destruction

Agricultural Water Quality Program Complaint Form

Ag Water Quality Complaint Form


CAFO Program information​
​Phone: 503-986-4699

For complaints related to the following: 

  • Livestock 
  • Manure

Confined Animal Feeding Operations (CAFO) Program Water Quality Complaint Form

CAFO Water Quality Complaint Form

Land use

Land use information​
Phone: 503-986-4700

For complaints related to the following:

  • Noise
  • Smell
  • Dust
  • Animal trespassing
  • Agriculture disputes

Oregon Occupational Safety & Health Division (OSHA)

OSHA information​
Phone: 503-378-3274

  • Provides resource materials, training, and consultative services.
  • Receives and investigates complaints about occupational exposure to pesticides.​

​​​​​Smoke and field burning

Smoke and field burning information​​
Comment line: 503-986-4709
Questions: 503-986-4701
Smoke Management Program Complaint Form​