Several programs within the Oregon Department of Agriculture receive information about environmental and pesticide impacts and concerns.
When questions or concerns arise, it’s best to contact us as soon as possible. Many environmental and pesticide concerns are time-sensitive. If ODA staff are unable to gather samples and document conditions immediately, we may miss the opportunity. Providing as much detailed information as you can will help us provide a timely response, will assist us in conducting a thorough assessment, and allows us to coordinate with other appropriate agencies. See our information sheet about what to expect when you file a complaint with ODA's Natural Resource Programs.
You can contact us with a complaint in several ways, including:
- Phone (open Monday through Friday): 503-986-4635
- Email ODA's Natural Resource Programs
- Notifying the Oregon Emergency Response System (OERS); available 24-7
- Calling 211 (for pesticide concerns); available 24-7
Natural Resource Programs
Agricultural water quality
Agricultural Water Quality Program information
Use the Agricultural Water Quality Program Complaint Form for issues related to the following:
- Riparian vegetation destruction
Confined Animal Feeding Operation (CAFO)
CAFO Program information
Use the CAFO Program Complaint Form for issues related to the following:
Land use information
Email a complaint for issues related to the following:
- Animal trespassing
- Agriculture disputes
Smoke and field burning
Smoke and field burning information
Comment line: 503-986-4709
Email the Smoke Management Program
Use the Smoke Management Program Complaint Form for issues related to smoke and burning.
Oregon Occupational Safety & Health Division (OSHA)
- Provides resource materials, training, and consultative services.
- Receives and investigates complaints about occupational exposure to pesticides.