Importing plant material
Nursery stock shipped into the state must meet the following requirements:
- Be free of pests, diseases, and noxious weeds.
- Be accompanied by a shipping certificate issued by the Department of Agriculture from state of plant origin.
- Meet all Oregon’s quarantine shipping requirements.
- Comply with the notification rule. Recipients of tree or shrub nursery stock from an out-of-state source must notify the Oregon Department of Agriculture (ODA) Nursery Program Supervisor no more than two days after plant material arrives.
Importers of international nursery stock may also need to do the following:
- Obtain an import permit from USDA
- Notify ODA via email
- Review plant quarantine and import information
National Plant Board
The federal and state quarantine summaries are designed as a reference tool for nursery stock growers, brokers, purchasers, and others involved in the buying selling, and interstate transport of nursery and greenhouse plant crops. National Plant Board website