Private applicator requirements
United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) regulations require that private pesticide applicators keep records of their restricted-use pesticide applications.
- The brand or product name and the EPA registration number of the restricted-use pesticide applied
- The total amount of pesticide formulation applied
- The size of the area treated
- The crop, commodity, stored product, or site of application
- The location of the area treated
- The date (month, day, and year) treated
- The licensed applicator's name and license number
These records must be maintained for at least two years.
Commercial, public, and consultant requirements
Commercial operators, public applicators, commercial applicators not employed by a commercial operator, and pesticide consultants making demonstration or research trial applications, must prepare and maintain records containing the following information:
- The firm or person for whom the pesticide application was made: The full name, address, and phone number of the business, firm, or person who owns or controls the crop or property sprayed
- The location of the land or property where application was made: The address of the site, or a geographic description of the application site, and the size of the area treated
- The date and approximate time of application
- The supplier of pesticide product(s) applied
- The trade name and the strength of such pesticides applied: The EPA registration number of each pesticide product applied or the manufacturer, product name and formulation type of each product applied
- The amount or concentration
- The specific property, crop or crops to which the pesticide was applied
- The summary information of equipment, device or apparatus used and, if applied by aircraft, the F.A.A. number
- The full name and license number of the applicator(s), apprentice(s), and/or trainee(s) who applied the pesticides
Records must be maintained for at least three years from the date of application.
Refer to the Oregon pesticide application record requirements for details.
Apprentice and trainee requirements
Requirements are similar to those for public and commercial applicators, however records must also contain the following:
- Full name and license number of applying trainee or apprentice
- Full name and license number of the supervisor
Pesticide Apprentice brochure (2021)
Brochure includes pesticide Apprentice conditions, license requirements, record keeping responsibilities, and contact information for help. Pesticide Apprentice brochure
Pesticide Consultant brochure (2021)
Brochure explains licensing requirements and other responsibilities for pesticide Consultants. Pesticide Consultant brochure
Pesticide Dealer brochure (2013)
Brochure provides definitions for understanding pesticide Dealer responsibilities and outlines legal requirements for sale and distribution of restricted-use pesticides. Pesticide Dealer brochure