ODOT constructed roadway improvements on Powell Boulevard (US Highway 26) from SE 122nd Avenue to SE 136th Avenue. These safety improvements will reduce the frequency and severity of crashes and help vehicles, pedestrians, transit and bicyclists share the road with fewer conflicts. Roadway, bike and pedestrian safety improvements include:
- Sidewalks where there are none now
- Crosswalks so people can cross the road more safely
- Mix of buffered, separated and sidewalk level bike lanes
- Center turn lanes for cars, buses and trucks for safer turns and to reduce back-ups
- Storm drains to prevent water from pooling on the road
- Lighting for improved visibility
- Enhanced pedestrian crossings with Rectangular Rapid Flashing Beacons to alert drivers that people are crossing the street
Roadway and sidewalk conditions on SE Powell Boulevard prior to construction of Phase One.
Roadway and sidewalk improvements on SE Powell Boulevard for pedestrians, cyclists, and drivers after construction of Phase One.
This was the first phase of the Outer Powell Transportation Safety Project. The second phase
is currently in pre-construction and will bring safety improvements from I-205 to SE 122nd Avenue and SE 136th Avenue to just east of SE 174th Avenue (the Portland/Gresham city limits).
U.S. 26 SE 122nd Avenue to SE 136th Avenue in Portland
Cost and Funding
Project cost: $24,505,000
For ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) or Civil Rights Title VI accommodations, translation/interpretation services, or more information call 503-731-4128, TTY 800-735-2900 or Oregon Relay Service 7-1-1.
Si desea obtener información sobre este proyecto traducida al español, sírvase llamar al 503-731-4128.
Если вы хотите, чтобы информация об этом проекте была переведена на русский язык, пожалуйста, звоните по телефону 503-731-4128.
如果您想瞭解這個項目翻譯成 繁體中文 的相關資訊，請致電 503-731-4128.
如果您想了解这个项目翻译成 简体中文 的相关信息，请致电 503-731-4128.
이 프로젝트에 관한 한국어로 된 자료 신청방법 전화: 503-731-4128.
Nếu quý vị muốn thông tin về dự án này được dịch sang tiếng Việt, xin gọi 503-731-4128.